HAPI Drum Duo.Flex Microphone.
of prototyping and design went into developing this versatile
- The sound quality and performance of this mic will help
take your playing to the next level!
- Designed to capture the acoustic sound of HAPI Drums, Didgeridoos, and other instruments for live stage performance and studio recording.
The Duo.Flex Mic is feedback resistant for stage performance. It also
has two condenser mics for gathering sound from different areas of the
instrument. We have two ears for a very good reason. It lets us balance
the sound we hear to better interpret our world. It’s the same reason
why just one mic has a hard time accurately capturing what we hear with
an acoustic instrument. The Duo.Flex Mic with its two mic system solves
The Duo.Flex Mic also comes with removable Velcro straps
for attaching it to all sorts of instruments you may wish to record. An
adjustable audio level slider on the mic is used for fine tuning of the
input signal strength. This allows for optimal sound levels for
different drums played with hands or with mallets. It also allows use
with a variety of other instruments which may require different volume
In testing the Duo.Flex Mic with other instruments we have
found unparalleled sound capture from the Didgeridoo to HAPI Drums, to
Native Flutes. The two mic system allows recording three dimensions of
sound. The first two dimensions are created by each individual mic which
are mechanically out of phase from each other. The third dimension is
created by how the two mic design electronically processes these two
signals. The final output is balanced between the mics and fully
captures the sound of the instrument. Simply plug in a 1/4" mono cable to the end of the microphone to use.
The videos below were recorded with the Duo.Flex Mic installed. Listen with headphones for best sound experience:
Customer video demo with the duo.flex mic, thanks Dylan!
impedance - 3.5K ohm, This is midway between a standard mic level
signal (500 ohm), and a standard pickup level signal (8K ohm)
- Signal type - mono, unbalance
- Frequency response - 80 - 15K Hz
- Power - one AA battery
- Battery life - one year
- Output jack acts as switch to turn battery "on"
- The slide pot is for volume control only.
- Output for both mics are pre-set for optimum feedback control.
3.5K unbalanced output was chosen because this is the most versatile
signal type possible. It can be used effectively with most amplifiers
or PA systems using standard guitar mono cables.
- An optional 1/4" - XLR adapter is available for applications where the amplification equipment being used prefers to have the Duo Mic connect to an XLR input