HAPI Origin Drum comes in deeper meditative scales. Great for music therapy, meditation, yoga. Recommended for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players.
The HAPI Origin Drum is available in 6 different pentatonic scales:
- E Minor (E3, G3, A3, B3, D4, E4, G4, A4)
- E Major (E3, F#3, G#3, B3, C#4, E4, F#4, G#4)
- E Akebono (E3, F#3, G3, B3, C4, E4, F#4, G4)
- D Minor (D3, F3, G3, A3, C4, D4, F4, A4)
- D Major (D3, E3, F#3, A3, B3, D4, E4, F#4)
- D Akebono (D3, E3, F3, A3, Bb3, D4, E4, F4)
The word "pentatonic" comes from the Greek word pente meaning five and
tonic meaning tone. It is a musical scale that consists of five notes
within one octave. Because of their arrangement, pentatonic scales are
often used to introduce beginners to music.
Are you a musician looking for more scale options? Check out our Tuneable Drums here.
Dimensions: 12" (30.48 cm) wide by 8" (20.32 cm) high. Weight: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
Colors available: Aqua Teal or Indigo Blue.
HAPI Drum Origin Product Videos:
E Minor Pentatonic. A
popular musical scale. Heavily used in classical acoustic guitar. This
drum will sound great with the HAPI Slim C Major, A Minor, G Major, or F
Major scales. It also pairs up with our HAPI Origin drum in the scale
of D Minor. And it works well with our HAPI UFO drum which is in the
full C Major scale.
E Major Pentatonic. Very suitable for playing with guitar. The bells of the clock tower in London's Palace Westminster are tuned to this noble scale.
E Akebono Pentatonic. The Akebono scale originates from Japan. It produces a meditative /
exotic sound. It sounds great played with Western and Eastern
D Minor Pentatonic. This
scale produces a soothing meditative sound. It sounds great with the
HAPI Slim C Major, A Minor, G Major, or F Major scales. It also pairs up
great with our HAPI Origin drum in the scale of E Minor. And it works
well with our HAPI UFO drum which is in the full C Major scale.
D Major Pentatonic. D Major has been called the "key of glory" and is our lowest pentatonic scale. Works great with guitar when used with "drop D tuning". Also sounds great with tin whistles that are tuned in D.
D Akebono Pentatonic. The Akebono scale originates from Japan. It produces a meditative / exotic sound. It sounds great played with Western and Eastern instruments.
- HAPI Origin Drum
- Pair of HAPI Drum mallets
- Instruction booklet
- Sound isolating rubber feet (installed) for playing on any surface!
- *Optional travel
HAPI Drum Origin Shipping Info:
|Contiguous USA** (4-7 day UPS Ground delivery):
|Alaska / Hawaii / Puerto Rico (5-8 day delivery):
|Canada* (5-15 day delivery):
|Australia / New Zealand* (5-15 day delivery):
|All other Countries* (5-15 day delivery):
- **California residents pay 8% sales tax.
- *Shipping outside the United States (Canada, Europe) - Your order will arrive within 10-15 working days. Once your package arrives it has to clear customs. This may take an additional 10-15 days. Keep in mind there will also be customs charges due at time of delivery.
- I love this drum, and use it for meditation/relaxation! My yoga students
LOVE the sound, and I love how easy it is to make mellow rhythmic
music! Thanks for such a magical, and yet accessible product.
- I am very, very pleased with my Hapi drum. The sound is wonderful. The
tuning is excellent. The surprise on my friends and colleagues faces
when they try it is incredible.
- Received shipment sooner than expected. The drum sounds as beautiful as
it looks. I find it very intuitive to play. Many thanks to all the folks