HAPI Vibrance Metallophone.
A metallophone is a musical instrument in which the sound-producing body consists of several tuned metal bars or tuned hollow metal cylinders (chimes).
Listen with headphones for best sound experience.
- 11 tuned and polished metal chimes suspended within an adjustable wooden stand.
- Two playing mallets.
- Playing guide with five songs.
- Cloth carry bag.
- C Major Pentatonic C5, D5, E5, G5, A5, C6, D6, E6, G6, A6, C7.
- Weight: 3 lbs. When assembled: 20 inches tall x 18 inches wide.
Musical Scale Description:
- Tuned to C Major Pentatonic. A pentatonic scale contains five pitches per octave. These pitches are most commonly used for intuitive playing, folk melodies and nursery rhymes. There are no wrong notes to play because they are all harmonically compatible with each other. The two full octaves range from low C5 to high C7.
How to assemble and play:
A light mallet strike on one of the metal chimes provides pure tones that resonate and surround you with energy and vibrations. The 2 included playing mallets are designed to bring out pure tones. Each bar is marked with its note so you can learn some music or play with other musicians. Not just a musical instrument. It also combines beautifully with other self practices like Yoga, sound healing and meditation.
Our wood stand allows the metal chimes to “float” and have a very long sustained tone. With the wood stand installed, you can play the metal chimes on a table or in your lap. The hidden legs on the stand flip down. This allows you to position the instrument at a 45 degree angle on a table for easy playing. This is also a great way to display your HAPI Vibrance Metallophone and be reminded to play. Short on table space? No worries, simply hang the instrument on your wall from the loop of rope on either end.
When the metal chimes are removed from the wood stand they remain strung together at the top and bottom frames of wood. When used in this way, you can freely walk and play with it in its lightest form. Yoga studios and music therapists may like this option when working in groups. When finished playing, simply roll the instrument up with the stand unattached and slide it into the included padded carry bag.
Each metallophone is handmade from start to finish in our Oakhurst, California workshop. Please allow for minor maker marks on the metal chimes.