HAPI Origin Tuneable Drum – Over 24 different scales possible in one drum!
for the musician who wants to change scales for different compositions,
or for the casual drummer who wants to experiment with different scales.
- Comes with an illustrated instruction booklet and 24 different scales to get you started!
- Tune your drum to a huge range of pentatonic scales in E, E flat or D.
- Try out Minor, Akebono, Pygmy, Egyptian, Blues, Major, Melog and more!
- Play with your hands, or with the provided mallets for great sound.
- Instead of purchasing many drums in different tunings, you can get one that will play in over 24!
- The highest note possible is A in the 4th octave, the lowest note possible is D in the 3rd octave.
- Comes with the standard 440 hz tuning. It can also be tuned to 432 hz tuning.
don’t even need a tuner. The booklet comes with a link to a free online
tuner you can use with your computer. Or, if you prefer Mobile Apps for
your phone or tablet there are many free ones, or very inexpensive ones
iStroboSoft) available for all devices. Just make sure it is a “Chromatic” tuner and
not just a “Guitar” tuner.
How do I do it? It’s
simple! Just reach inside your drum and slide the magnetic weight from
the “hinge” or base of the note toward the tip. The further you go the
lower it will make the pitch. Adjustable tuning is accomplished by
adding or removing weight to the metal tongues. The tongue is cut away
on three sides leaving the forth side attached to the drum body. This
attached fourth side acts as a stiff “hinge” at the base of the tongue
letting it vibrate to create a tone that can be heard when struck. For
weights, we use very powerful magnets that can be slid along the
underside of the tongue. Moving the weight adjusts the pitch of the
tone. With no weight added, (the magnets are below the base of the
tongue) your drum is now tuned to the highest scale it is designed for,
Sliding weighted magnets down the tongues lowers the pitch or frequency
that it rings at. Many different lower scales are possible depending on
how you adjust the weights on the tongues.
weights never need to be removed from the drum. Each tongue on the drum
has been tested and matched with an ideal weight. They are selected
based on range of notes required and best sound quality. They are
pre-placed into the drum so you can start playing in
E Minor right away!
HAPI Origin Drum has a deeper meditative sound. Great for music therapy, meditation, yoga.
Dimensions: 12" (30.48 cm) wide by 8" (20.32 cm) high.
Weight: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
Color: Aqua Teal
- HAPI Origin Tuneable Drum with weighted magnets (installed)
- Pair of HAPI Drum mallets
- Instruction booklet
isolating rubber feet (installed) for playing on any surface!
- Optional travel
bag is $29
- Buyer agrees to the following terms, Rhythm Earth (Owner, HAPI Drum)
neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damage / injury resulting
from the handling or use / misuse of this product.
|Contiguous USA** (4-7 day UPS Ground delivery):
|Alaska / Hawaii / Puerto Rico (5-8 day delivery):
|Canada* (5-15 day delivery):
|Australia / New Zealand* (5-15 day delivery):
|All other Countries* (5-15 day delivery):
- **California residents pay 8% sales tax.
- *Shipping outside the United States (Canada, Europe) - Your order will arrive within 10-15 working days. Once your package arrives it has to clear customs. This may take an additional 10-15 days. Keep in mind there will also be customs charges due at time of delivery.
- This Hapi drum definitely exceeded my expectations! It is beautifully
crafted and the sound is stunning.It is easily tuned to 432 hz. While
playing, the sound resonates through my whole body. I plan to pick up
the Slim or UFO a.s.a.p!
- I am extremely pleased to have purchased the tuneable hapi drum origin
version. I love the soft soothing almost bell tones in clarity coupled
with resonant harmonics caused by the sympathetic vibration of the other
tongues. It's hypnotic in its tonal quality and very pleasing to the
ear. One does not get tired of the sounds this makes. The tuneable
nature allows for infinite possibilities. I hope to incorporate it in my
music at some point, but for now, I'm having a lot of fun using it
- I have been practicing on my drum since I got it in the mail. It's
really easy to pick up and learn, but very difficult to put down
afterwards! It has a lot of potential as an instrument! Being able to
tune the notes is great, since it allows for even more room for
experimentation and more versatility to fit any environment. I tuned it
with relative ease to a C minor blues and have been sticking with that
scale for some time, though I am definitely going to check out some
other scales. I enjoy picking a place outside, breaking out my HAPI
drum, and improvising a tune. The HAPI drum has a way with catching the
ear of a random passerby and putting them in a good mood.