HAPI Drum Slim Tuneable – Over 24 different scales possible in one HAPI Drum!
for the musician who wants to change scales for different compositions,
or for the casual drummer who wants to experiment with different scales.
- Comes with an illustrated instruction booklet and 24 different scales to get you started!
- Tune your drum to a huge range of Pentatonic Scales in G, F# or F.
- Try out Minor, Akebono, Pygmy, Egyptian, Blues, Major, Melog and more!
- Play with your hands, or with the provided mallets for great sound.
- Instead of purchasing many drums in different tunings, you can get one that will play in over 24!
- The highest note possible is C in the 5th octave, the lowest note possible is F in the 3rd octave.
- Comes with the standard 440 hz tuning. It can also be tuned to 432 hz tuning.
don’t even need a tuner. The booklet comes with a link to a free online
tuner you can use with your computer. Or, if you prefer Mobile Apps for
your phone or tablet there are many free ones, or very inexpensive ones
iStroboSoft) available for all devices. Just make sure it is a “Chromatic” tuner and
not just a “Guitar” tuner.
How do I do it? It’s
simple! Just reach inside your drum and slide the magnetic weight from
the “hinge” or base of the note toward the tip. The further you go the
lower it will make the pitch. Adjustable
tuning is accomplished by adding or removing weight to the metal
tongues. The tongue is cut away on three sides leaving the forth side
attached to the drum body. This attached fourth side acts as a stiff
“hinge” at the base of the tongue letting it vibrate to create a tone
that can be heard when struck. For weights, we use very powerful magnets
that can be slid along the underside of the tongue. Moving the weight
adjusts the pitch of the tone. With no weight added, (the magnets are
below the base of the tongue) your drum is now tuned to the highest
scale it is designed for, G Minor. Sliding weighted magnets down the
tongues lowers the pitch or frequency that it rings at. Many different
lower scales are possible depending on how you adjust the weights on the
Weights: The weights never
need to be removed from the drum. Each tongue on the drum has been
tested and matched with an ideal weight. They are selected based on
range of notes required and best sound quality. They are pre-placed into
the drum so you can start playing in G Minor right away!
About the HAPI Slim Drum: Our HAPI Slim Drum has a sleek design and can be carried with one hand.
It has a powerful and full bodied sound. Our eight note tongue layout
adds harmonic tones to each note when played. The bottom port lets the
sound out to fill the room. Isolating rubber feet located on the bottom
of the drum allow it to be set on any surface for play.
Dimensions: 12" (30.48 cm) wide by 6" (15.24 cm) high. Weighs 7 lbs (3.18 kg)
- HAPI Slim Tuneable Drum with weighted magnets (installed)
- Pair of HAPI Drum mallets
- Instruction booklet
isolating rubber feet (installed) for playing on any surface!
- Optional travel
bag is $29
- Buyer agrees to the following terms, Rhythm Earth (Owner, HAPI Drum)
neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damage / injury resulting
from the handling or use / misuse of this product.
|Contiguous USA** (4-7 day UPS Ground delivery):
|Alaska / Hawaii / Puerto Rico (5-8 day delivery):
|Canada* (5-15 day delivery):
|Australia / New Zealand* (5-15 day delivery):
|All other Countries* (5-15 day delivery):
- **California residents pay 7.75% sales tax.
- *Shipping outside the United States (Canada, Europe) - Your order will arrive within 10-15 working days. Once your package arrives it has to clear customs. This may take an additional 10-15 days. Keep in mind there will also be customs charges due at time of delivery.
- *We DO NOT ship to International Freight Forwarders. If you disregard this notice and purchase, your order will be cancelled. We will have to deduct 4% from
your refund to cover our credit card processing fees.
- I ordered the Slim tuneable drum and when I first lifted it out of the
bag, my first reaction was, "Wow!" When I played this drum, I was
stunned by the beauty and clarity of the sound, not to mention the high
quality of the drum build. Add to this the ability to tune this drum to
play different modal scales and I realized I was in for a real
experience. This instrument is soothing and addictive. It encourages you
to sit for hours just checking out the different combos of tone and
rhythm. Yeah, I like it! I want to buy more!
- Really like my new tuneable. (Already had the Hapi mini). I'm a Music
Therapist and wanted to have more keys to work with without carrying
around more instruments. The only thing I would change is at least for
me, putting my hand in the back hole with rough edges kind of scratches
my arm at times. I even have a small forearm. Otherwise very pleased!
- After researching many different types of tongue drums, and many
different scales, I decided on the Hapi Tunable Drum. It has definitely
met my expectations and I look forward to experimenting with all the
different combinations. It is very well made, in fact I played it during
a 2 hour Yoga class this morning, everyone really enjoys how beautiful
it sounds. Thank you Hapi crew for all you do.